BEAL COBRA II – 8.6MM X 60M
The great classic for adventure climbing.
Light and free-running for ease of use on long routes, on the crag and in the Alps. Technical and robust enough to sustain the most difficult loadings, it is even better today because it now benefits from all the advantages of the UNICORE technology.
This is the multi-use rope par excellence, if you don’t want to own more than one double rope, it’s the COBRA you must have. It has a low impact force (5,1 kN) to minimise anchor-point loading, and a sheath of sufficient thickness to withstand the most aggressive rock, all for only 48 g.
- Excellent compromise between strength and lightness.
- Low impact force and raised number of falls sustained.
- The rope doesn’t bunch up and remains supple for the long term.
- Allows escape by abseil even if the sheath is cut.
- All sorts of mountaineering and adventure climbing use.
- Diameter: 8.6mm
- Rope Type: Half
- Impact Force (kN): 5.1
- Weight per meter: 48g
- Total Weight: (60m) 2.88kg
- No of Falls (UIAA Laboratory): 16
- Dynamic Elongation/Sheath: 39%