ANTHRON LORY SMART
Lory is a robust multipurpose device for use in industrial access and sport climbing applications. Its functionality spans the range from rope access and rescue descender device through semi-automatic belay device to rope positioning and retention device for use on rooftops and edges.
Two sub-types of the device exist: LORYsafe with unimpeded movement of the cam (for industrial use) and LORYsmart with impeded movement of the cam (also for sport use). Cam rotation impediment aids in feeding rope to the lead climber. By pulling the working end of the rope the cam engages and jams the rope. By pulling the handle the cam gradually releases the rope. If the handle is pulled down to its terminal position the double-stop function is triggered which blocks the rope again. To resume descending, return the handle in closed position and restart the process.
It is suitable for use when :
- Work positioning and work restraint
- Releasable pulley systems
- Rated for a two person load
The functionality includes the following :
- Handles a much wider range of rope diameters than other similar device – from 9mm to 11.4mm – thereby providing versatility allowing one to use the right rope for the job
- If the release handle is pulled too hard the unit locks; making it almost impossible to drop someone while lowering them. The unit only lowers if the handle is kept in a mid range position – which also makes abseiling much safer.
- The cam can be pushed into a “locked” position at any stage, which enables the user to easily lock it in position for work positioning or work restraint purposes.
- Cam rotation impediment aids in feeding rope to the lead climber.
- By pulling the handle the cam gradually releases the rope.
- By pulling the working end of the rope the cam engages and jams the rope.
- If the handle is pulled down to its terminal position the double-stop function is triggered which blocks the rope again.
- To resume descending, return the handle in closed position and restart the process.
- The unit can be pre-loaded & then locked with a maillon – which makes it very suitable for inclusion in emergency evacuation kits – especially when the user is not that familiar with abseiling.
- For the industrial/ rescue operative, its certainly easier to use & more secure than a many popular alternatives out there – and lighter & more compact.
- The unit is approximately the same size as a PDA (large cell phone) and is made largely of steel (handle included) which serves to enhance its durability.
- Minimum Rated Load: 30 kg
- Maximum Rated Load is 180 kg
- Maximum Descent Distance: 190 m
- Single-person use: (59 kg to 141 kg)
- Maximum Descent Rate: 2 m/s ≈ 6.6 ft/s
- Maximum number of descents: 28
It meets the following European safety norms :
- CE 0123
- EN 15151; EN341 Class A; EN892